DEPCO Support Forum
DEPCO Home

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Media Player 7 Error Options · View
dgambill
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2007 2:46:26 PM
Groups: Guest

I’m running Windows XP SP2 with Windows Media Player 10 installed. None of the DEPCO MediaPLUS software will install. It goes through the normal setup…then instead of the installer checking to see if a newer version of Windows Media Player is installed, it tries to FORCE an install of Windows Media Player 7. Windows XP won’t allow you to install WMP7 over WMP10, so it forces you to cancel the installation. Windows Media Player 10 cannot be un-installed once installed. Windows Media Player 10 is a requirement because other software requires v10+, and version 7 has multiple security holes that are not being patched anymore. School is going to start in one week’s time and I need this software running. We purchased it because it was supposed to be compatible with Windows XP. We were not notified about any limitations as far as not being able to run a recent version of Windows Media Player. I cannot find any applicable items in your online knowledge base. I look forward to a prompt reply.

When you get the message about Media Player 7 click OK, the instillation has completed and it will work with the version of Media Player you have installed.